Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Sakhi Series :- 215 ( nindho nindho mo ko log nindho )

nindho nindho mo ko log nindho

(Source : http://www.sikhawareness.com/ )

The grandfather of Ram Chandra in Ramayana, was Raja Aj.

Aj, like his father Ragh used to donate everytime at amrit vela to the sadhus saints.

One day, Raja Aj after finishing donating, and running out of food for sadhus, was approached by a sadhu, who asked for donation.

Raja Aj said in a hurry, I am done donating, come tommorrow.

The Sadhu, said he has to spend the night here, please give something today.

Aj : "I dont have to pay off your loan, Go away"
Sadhu: "I will not go away without receiving something"

This Sahdu was a real mahapurush, and a saint.

Aj was standing in a horse barn, and all there was lidh/horse dung all around.

Aj : I have lidh/horse dung. I can give you that
Sadhu : If you want to give lidh, then go ahead, give it.

Aj put a pile of lidh in the wrap of his cloth.

Sadhu said, "God bless you, may this charity of yours, increase by leaps and bounds"

==
Later on, after some years, Raja Aj, went for hunting, and he came across a hut outside which he saw a huge pile of Horse dung with a very old sadhu sitting beside it. On coming close he realised that it was the same sadhu who he had donated horse dung.

Aj shocked seeing all this, asked the sadhu about it.

Sadhu said, this is the boon of your donation, God has truly blessed you with hills of horse dung, what you donate you get back in return. Now this will have to be eaten by you.  Aj taken aback fell at sadhu's feet and asked if there was anything he could do to get rid of/not eating the lidh/horse dung.

Sadhu said, there is only one way - NINDA .....
Nindak's can decrease your load (sins), those who do your ninda, will be 'eating' this horse dung.

Next day, Raja Aj, went into the house of a prostitute, and said "my daughter, I need your help, please walk with me through the town today."
The Raja appeared in his town "drunk"...with this prostitute ..swaggering through the bazaars.. as soon as the people saw this..tongues began to wag....and the MOUNTAIN of horse dung began to subside..The people didnt knew the TRUTH..so they were spreading FALSEHOOD...NINDA...

Seeing Raja Aj, with the prostitute walking together, the people of the town said all types of things, slandering him, having a queen wife at home, and this shameful person is walking with a prostitute.

Due to ninda, in a matter of days..the mountain disappeared as those nindaks were to eat it. But even then a small amount of it was left.

Raja Aj, asked the Sadhu, why hasnt that small amount of horse lidh (dung) gone?

Sadhu said, "It is the same amount you donated, this amount you will have to eat it. What you give you are destined to get back also"

so the raja took it home..dried it..and began to eat it bit by bit as a "spice" sprinkled on his food daily !!! and grieve over his mistake of donating lidh to the saint.

ni(n)dho ni(n)dho mo ko log ni(n)dho || ni(n)dhaa jan ko kharee piaaree ||
Slander me, slander me - go ahead, people, and slander me.
Slander is pleasing to the Lord's humble servant.

ni(n)dhaa baap ni(n)dhaa mehathaaree ||1|| rehaao ||
Slander is my father, slander is my mother. ||1||Pause||
 
ni(n)dhaa hoe th baiku(n)t(h) jaaeeai ||  naam padhaarathh manehi basaaeeai ||
If I am slandered, I go to heaven;
the wealth of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, abides within my mind.
 
ridhai sudhh jo ni(n)dhaa hoe || hamarae kaparae ni(n)dhak dhhoe ||1||
If my heart is pure, and I am slandered, then the slanderer washes my clothes. ||1||
 
ni(n)dhaa karai s hamaraa meeth || ni(n)dhak maahi hamaaraa cheeth ||  
One who slanders me is my friend;
the slanderer is in my thoughts.
 
ni(n)dhak so jo ni(n)dhaa horai || hamaraa jeevan ni(n)dhak lorai ||2||
The slanderer is the one who prevents me from being slandered. The slanderer wishes me long life. ||2||
 
ni(n)dhaa hamaree praem piaar || ni(n)dhaa hamaraa karai oudhhaar ||
I have love and affection for the slanderer. Slander is my salvation.

jan kabeer ko ni(n)dhaa saar || ni(n)dhak ddoobaa ham outharae paar ||3||20||71||
Slander is the best thing for servant Kabeer. The slanderer is drowned, while I am carried across. ||3||20||71||

- Bhagat Kabeer ji, Guru Granth Sahib ji

No comments: